The primary rental settings will be found in two locations. The basic rental settings are set up by going to the gear-shaped icon in the top right-hand corner of the blue Admin Toolbar then going to Settings > Rental Settings.
Rental Settings in the Settings Menu
The first settings location has four items to configure.
1) The first is Require Payment At and allows you to:
- Require the rental payment as they make the Reservation, or
- Require payment when they Checkout the item(s). This section is for in-store rentals only as web requires payment.
2) You can set your Pickup and Drop-off Days and times. These may be different from your normal store hours, and are used to calculate rental rates to help facilitate rental returns prior to the store closing. For example, rentals must be returned by 6pm even though the store closes at 7pm. Check the boxes for the days of the week you want and the system will allow rentals to be placed within the hours you select. Please note, AM or PM must be entered for each time.
3) For your Minimum Rental Time, the options are 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 hour.
4) You also have an Overdue Buffer for rental returns. This will give the customer a grace period should they arrive slightly late. Please note, this must be entered as a total number of minutes so 1 ½ hours would be entered as 90. Or as in the example above, 1440 minutes is 24 hours.
When everything is ready press the green Save button at the bottom and wait for the page to refresh. Below is an example of how it could look.
Rental Settings in the POS Menu
You can find the second settings location for the rental setup by going to POS > Rental Admin in the blue Admin Toolbar at the top of your screen. Find the Settings button in the upper right and click to enter rental settings. The three white buttons at the top of this page can be configured as described below:
1.) To begin, click the Edit Receipt Text button and enter the customer message that you want printed on your rental receipts. This will appear on the bottom of their receipt when they first pay for the rental item. An example could be a list of your policies on rentals, such the time-frame in which items need to be returned, and how you handle damaged rental items.
2.) Next you will want to click Edit Agreement / Waiver. We have included a generic Waiver template that you can adjust to fit your business needs. This will be able to work with the text included, but style options like colors or bolding/italicizing cannot be added here. Each rental will have the option of printing this off through the Rental window. At the bottom of the Waiver window there are Customer Fields. These are template codes that allow the system to populate the appropriate information when printing. For example, if the CUSTOMER_NAME code was used (as seen in the example below) it would automatically print the customer’s name there. This essentially makes it so everything is filled out for them and the customer only has to sign their name. When you're finished adjusting the template, press the green Save button at the bottom of the page. An example of how to enter a waiver with the contact templates can be seen highlighted below:
3.) Your Rental Kiosk Settings are for a feature that is currently in development, and while you can set it up, it is not currently active. We will be making an announcement when/if we launch that feature.
After those three buttons are configured there are just four settings below that need to be setup. They are; Categories, Time Periods, Item Options, and Renter Details.
Categories allow administrative users to organize products appropriately to quickly find and edit rental items. Pressing on blue arrow next to the title will allow you to add new categories or edit existing ones. Once a category has been created, it cannot be removed.
Pressing the green + button will allow you to enter a new Rental Category. Only the Name is required, but we recommend entering information for all the fields. The Start Date and End Date will accept most date formats. After you create the Category, press the blue Edit button on the right to add an image for the mobile app. Here is an example:
In this area, you can set specific durations for your rentals. For example, you may have a one day rental that has a different pricing tier than a three day rental. Pressing the green + button will allow you to enter a new Time Period. Only the Title is required, but we recommend entering information for all the fields. Please note there are two Day rates. A 24-hour Day duration and a Daily duration. The difference is the 24-hour Day duration is for picking up today and returning any time tomorrow before the pickup time, and is charged a single day rate. The Daily duration is picked up one day and returned anytime before closing the same day.
You can set options such as size or color for your rental items in this area. The Title is required and will appear with the options in the In-Store Rental process. When you've finished adding your options, press the green Save button at the bottom of the panel. Here is an example of Size options:
You can configure the different kinds of information you will need about your renters in this area. For example, this would be like the height or foot size for rental options. Click the green + button on the right to create your first Renter Detail.
The Label is the title or name of the renter detail, e.g. Height, or Shoe Size. The Description is for helping your customer and employees understand what type of information you need. The Required Field check box will allow you to configure the Renter Detail you're working on to be required in order to begin the rental. Finally the Item Type is the type of form field the renter will use to give you the information. Below is a list of each option and its description:
- Text: Users enter a single line of text. Great for phone numbers, email or other small pieces of information.
- Text Area: Users can enter multiple lines of text. Great for notes or longer descriptions.
- Select: Users may only select one choice from a list. You are able to enter the choices as Values when configuring this data field.
- Agree: Users mark a simple checkbox. The title is what the customer agrees to.
- DIN Settings: Users enter a single line of text. A textbox which allows customers to enter their DIN Setting.
- Emergency Contact: This is designed to allow renters to quickly add emergency contact information for any rental item. The data field will require them to enter a name and phone number for the contact.