You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the gear-shaped button on the far right side of the blue Admin Toolbar, then click Settings > Website Settings > Shipping.
Setting Your Options for Shipping
There are a few options you can configure for your shipping that are relatively new to the system. When you go to the Shipping Settings page, if you don't see options as those pictured below, please call our Support team and we can get this newer shipping interface enabled for you.
- Enable System Configured Shipping Options - If you want the Rain system to dictate what charges are set for your various shipping methods, you will need to set this to ON. Click the Configure button to set up your Domestic and International Shipping Methods. Click here for full details on how to set up your shipping methods; you can also click the Next Arrow button at the bottom of this article to view that setup information.
- Enable Shipping Station Integration - Our system has the ability to integrate with ShipStation.com so you can use the shipping settings from your account there for carriers such as USPS, UPS, and FedEx. PLEASE NOTE: This integration is technically in Beta and may not work for all clients! Please see the section below on Working with ShipStation for further details on how the integration works. If you wish to use it, turn it ON and click to Configure your settings.
- Charge Taxes on Shipping - If you are required to charge tax on shipping, you can click this setting to ON so that the shipping charges will be taxed along with the rest of the order.
- Enable In-Store Pickup - If you want online shoppers to have the option of coming to your location and picking up their order, turn this option ON. When you click to Configure the settings, you will see a panel pop up with options for your different Locations (if you have multiples). Just check the box next to the Location(s) you want and click Save. Your online shoppers will have the option of choosing whichever Locations you have selected as the place to go to pick up their order.
- Enable International Shipping - If you wish to fulfill international orders, set this option to ON. You will still need either the in-system shipping methods set up, including at least one International method, OR you will need to have the ShipStation integration on and have international options there.
Where's my Save button? This tab of your settings was created to save your options as you set them, so those changes were saved along the way, and you don't need to click a Save button.
Working with ShipStation
The Rain system allows you to integrate with ShipStation. You will need an active account with ShipStation, and be advised that there is a monthly fee for their service. The advantage this configuration offers is that it will allow you to do very precise shipping rates based on the Shipping Address for the order. PLEASE NOTE: Our current configuration of this service accesses YOUR rates that you pay for the shipping methods you've set up with the various providers, so it does not allow for additional fees to cover your handling. Also, as mentioned above, this feature is technically in Beta, and may not work for all clients.
Configuration - To configure your integration, you will need to get your Key and your Secret code from your ShipStation account and enter them below. They will appear similar to the sample ones provided.
Carriers - The Carriers you have set up in your ShipStation account will be visible, and you can click the Refresh button to have the system search for your Carriers and display them. Check the boxes for the ones you will use for your web orders.
Services - For each of your Carriers, available Services will be listed, as in the example below. Check the boxes for all Services you wish to offer.
Packaging - All packaging options for the Carriers you have selected will be available. Check the boxes for all Packaging you intend to utilize.
Configure Free Shipping - If you wish to offer free shipping as an incentive for customers to do larger orders, you can check the box to Enable Free Shipping, then set the total Amount of the order where free shipping would begin to apply. For example, if you set an amount of 100 (you don't need to put in the dollar sign), any order at or over that amount would not be charged shipping by this system. You will also have a shipping service that will be used for your free shipping, and usually it is best to select a slower, cheaper service. If your customers want their merchandise faster, they will still have the option of paying for shipping.
Additional Settings - If there are some items that you wish to exempt from generating shipping charges, you can enter them into our system with 0 Weight value and if you enable the option to Not Require Items to Have a Weight, they will still be able to be ordered, and you will essentially ship them for free.
Be sure to Save your settings once you are done entering your preferences.