The Rain Purchase Order and Receiving Order part of the system can be set up to be automated so that when your products reach a certain inventory level, they will automatically be added to your Purchase Orders for their preferred vendor. This short article will show you how to set up your products to work well with the ordering system.
Here is a short video showing you how you can set your products to work with Purchase Orders:
Steps for Setting Up Products for Purchase Orders
- Go to Products > Products, and find the product you want to work with, then click to open it.
- In the Preferred Vendor area on the right, click the drop list and select your preferred Vendor for the product.
- Set your Vendor Packaging, if needed, for example, 24 Items per Case, or 15 Yards per Bolt, etc. If you order items in whatever quantity is needed, leave this section blank.
- Scroll down below SKU and enter your Reorder Point for the product. When the inventory gets down to that point, the product will automatically come up in Purchase Orders for the Preferred Vendor you set.
- Set your Desired Stock Level, which is the amount you ideally want to have in inventory once you restock. The system will automatically order an amount that will bring your quantity to that level, for example, if your current inventory is one item, and your Desired Stock Level is 36, the system will order 35 units for you on the next Purchase Order.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save Product.