The Rain system allows you to create a variety of form fields for a product that will let your customer give you preferences or information about the product. For example, if you sell a bag with embroidered initials, you could create a form to allow the customer to enter the initials they want. You can add single line input, paragraph input, check-box, and drop-list fields to your product, and the system will email you the information entered into the forms.
Here is a short video showing you how you can create product forms:
Steps for Creating Product Form Fields
- Go to Products > Products, search for the product you want, then click on it.
- Click the Advanced tab and look at the Product Form area on the right.
- Click on the type of form field you want.
- Enter the Label (title / description) you want for the field, here are some examples:
Single Line Input - Initials for monogramming, name / title for engraving, etc.
Paragraph Input - Description text for shipping instructions, promotional text (see example in video), etc.
Check Box - Answer yes to a yes/no question if they check the box, e.g. Add me to your mailing list.
Dropdown Box - Make a list of options the customer can choose from, e.g. packaging preference: enter Labels for each option, for this example, Recyclable or Standard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save Product.