Here is a short video showing you how you can create a kit product that will pull inventory from other component products:
Steps for Creating a Kit
- Go to Products > New Product and enter the Title of your kit.
- Click the Advanced tab and toggle Is a Kit to Yes, then Save Product at the bottom (you can finish the other information now or later, if you like, but don't enter Inventory or Cost yet, the Assemble Kits module will do that for you).
- Click on Products > Assemble Kits.
- Search for your new kit and then enter the Quantity you will be assembling.
- Search for each component product and enter the quantity of each that will be going into the kit.
- You can click Estimate Cost to see the cost to you for the kit, as long as all components have their costs in place.
- Click Assemble Kits, the inventory will be pulled from the components and your Kit product will have inventory and cost added.
- After completing the product information such as Image and Description, your product will be ready to sell!