Here is a short video showing you how you can work with the Precuts module to divide a product into multiple products:
Steps for Creating a Precut
- Go to Products > Precuts.
- From the Precut Type drop list, choose Fat Quarter, Fat Eighth, or Custom. For Custom, it's best to use a ratio that starts with 1, even if you only plan on using half a yard of fabric. For example, if you plan on making 8 fat sixteenths, you would choose 1 to 16 as your custom ratio, then the quantity of precuts you make would be 8, and the system will pull a half yard from the source product when you make the precuts.
- Search for the Source Products; you can search for multiple products and assemble your full list from which you'll be making your precuts.
- Enter the Number of Precuts to Make for each source product.
- Search for the Destination Product (usually a broad range product such as $3 Fat Quarters that is not tied to a specific collection). There will always only be one Destination Product, so choose source products that will break down to the same price precuts.
- Once you are ready, click Make Precuts. The inventory will be pulled from the source products and will be broken out and added to the destination product.