Here is a short video showing you how you can run a transaction in the Register:
Steps for Running a Transaction in the Register
- Click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin toolbar.
- You can either search for a customer, click the + next to customer search to create a new customer, or run the transaction without a customer.
- You can either scan in your item barcode, click the + next to item search to create a new product, or enter item keywords into the search field to load products, classes, coupon codes, or package deals.
- If you loaded a customer, you can click any of the Customer Action icons in the upper right, and from there you can load a Quote or create one, make an Account Balance payment, create a new layaway, make a layaway payment, or pick up a complete layaway, create a Special Order or pick one up, pick up a Work Order, view any Customer Notes, or access any Customer Transactions.
- Just above line items you enter into the Register there are links so you can add notes to the transaction, let the customer purchase a Gift Card, start a Rental, or add a Rental to the Register from the Kiosk.
- In the gray sidebar to the right, you can change the transaction date, change the sales Clerk (if you are using PIN codes), change the Till, add a Global Discount to all eligible items in the transaction, remove or add back Tax, or add Shipping to the transaction (if your shipping is not taxed; if you have tax on shipping, click the topic below on how to add shipping to a transaction).
- In each line item, you can adjust the selling Price, adjust the Quantity, add a line-item discount using the blue pencil, or remove the line item with the trash can.
- In the bottom right, you can click the pause button to Suspend the transaction (this must be done before you start adding payment methods), click a button for payment method (Cash, Credit, and under the purple Misc. Payment Methods button, Check, Gift Card, and if a customer is loaded, you will also have On Account and Outside Financing). You can click the red Cancel button to clear the Register, or you can click the green Checkmark button to complete the transaction once the full amount owed has been entered.
- After you complete the transaction, a panel will open with Receipt Options for Gift Receipt, Text Message (if configured), Email Receipt, Print Receipt, and Require Signature to print a signature copy. You can also see the subtotal, discount, tax, shipping, and total of the transaction. Click Yes to proceed.