Here is a short video showing you how you can pause and resume transactions in the Register:
Steps for Pausing and Resuming Transactions in the Register
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Add the items being purchased in the normal way. NOTE: Do not add any Coupons, Discounts, Fees, Layaways, Special Orders, Shipping Methods, Shipping Address or Returns to the transaction prior to Suspending, those items will not remain in the transaction when it resumes.
- Any time prior to entering payment methods, click the Pause Button in the lower right to suspend the transaction.
- It is safe to leave transactions suspended for up to 30 days. When the customer is ready to complete the transaction, click the Play Button in the lower right (you must be in a blank Register screen to see the Play button where the Pause button normally is).
- Your transaction will load, finish adding whatever items / discounts are necessary.
- Complete your transaction in the normal way.