Here is a short video showing you how you can void transactions in the Register:
Steps for Voiding Transactions in the Register
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- The Void option does not come up if you scan a transaction receipt into the Register, so it's best to load the Customer and click on History, then find the transaction and click on it. You can also search the End of Day and open the transaction from there.
- At the bottom of the transaction panel, click the red Void button.
- Make sure you understand the written warning before proceeding! Click the Void Anyway button to proceed.
- You will see the transaction view again, and the Status of the transaction will be Void. It will no longer appear in the normal reports, and everything that happened in the transaction will have been reversed. You can find the transaction only in the Customer History, or in the Voided Transactions report on the date of the original transaction.