Here is a short video showing you how you can allow a customer to pay for a transaction using their in-store account:
Steps for Using On Account as a Payment Method
- Click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin toolbar.
- Search for the Customer and click the name to add the Customer to the Register.
- You will see their Account Balance in the upper middle of the Register screen.
- Add the items to the Register in the normal way.
- When the Customer is ready to check out, click the purple Other Payment Methods button in the lower right and click On Account.
- If the Customer has a credit balance (in green numbers) larger than the amount of the transaction, click the Credit Only button so you only use the amount needed, then click Save.
- If the Customer's credit balance is less than the amount of the transaction and they don't want to owe the store money, click the Credit Only button so they can use other methods of payment to pay the remainder, then click Save. If such a Customer wants the entire amount to be paid On Account, they will go into a negative balance from the transaction; click the Save button with the full amount of the transaction showing in the Amount field. If a lesser Amount is showing, click the Exact button to load the full amount into the Amount field.
- If the Customer has an amount they owe the store (in red numbers) and they wish to use their Account to pay for goods or services, change the Amount to whatever they will add to their On Account balance owed and click Save.
- Complete the transaction in the normal way.