If your website uses our Responsive Design, your website and point of sale customers can now create their own logins to view their purchase history through your website. This system is fully automated, and requires no effort on your part to maintain.
Here is a short video to show you how it works:
To enable the Customer Website Login, you will go to the gear-shaped button on the far right of the blue Admin toolbar and click Settings > Website Settings > Shopping Cart.
Once you're in the Shopping Cart settings area, scroll all the way to the bottom and find the Customer Login Options area, turn it ON, then click Save at the bottom.
Please Note: Customer Website Login functionality works only on websites that utilize the mobile-friendly Responsive architecture. This option will not be available to you if you are on our older architecture.
If a customer asks you how they can log in, please refer them to this article, and the following section.
Creating Your Website Login Account
Follow these steps to create your account login:
- Go to the website and click the Login link on the far right.
- Just below the login area, click Create Account.
- Enter your email address, then enter your password. Re-enter your password. Your password must be at least 8 characters long and must contain at least one non-alphanumeric character (the best passwords will have at least on capital letter, one number, and at least one non-letter, non-number character, such as !, $, %, etc., and should not be a password you've used in the past).
- Click Create Account, then go to your email inbox and click the link provided to activate your account.
- You'll be taken to an account activation page on the website; click the Activate Account button, and then log into the account for the first time.
- Once you have logged in, you'll be able to see your purchase history with the company.