Create a Link to the Current Calendar Month
These steps will help you create a link in your Navigation website menu that will go to whatever the current calendar month is and display the full calendar grid. Please note that you will not need to update the link from month to month; it is fully automated and will take the visitor directly to the calendar grid for whatever month is current. After logging into your system as an administrator, please do the following steps:
- Click Website in the blue Admin Toolbar and then click Navigation.
- If your Calendar link will be at the top level, click the blue +New Navigation Item button, OR if your Calendar link will be in a drop list under one of your existing pages, click the small black arrow next to that page's title and in the drop-list area, click the white +New Navigation Item button.
- You will choose option 3: Custom URL; click the +Create Navigation Item button in that area.
- Copy and paste the following link into the URL field:
- In the Link Text field, enter the page title the way you want it to appear in your Navigation menu.
- DO NOT check the box to Open Link in New Window, you do not need to use this option for on-site links. Click the green Create Navigation Item button.
- You will return to the Navigation window, click the laptop icon in the blue Admin Toolbar to go to the website view. Find your new link in the main site navigation menu and click it to test.