PLEASE NOTE: The About:Config area of Firefox allows you to control how it interacts with your printers. Be very careful to only change the settings we recommend, proceed with caution in researching and making any other changes!
Here are the steps to set your default printer in Firefox:
- In a blank Firefox window, in the Address Bar where you enter website URLs (NOT in the smaller Search field on the right), enter the following: about:config
Then hit your Enter key. You will see the following warning:
- This statement is misleading, and it's kind of a little joke by the team at Mozilla, the makers of Firefox. Firefox has no warranty to void, and while it does offer control of how it interacts with your other hardware, there isn't anything in there that could possibly void a computer warranty or a warranty on a printer. We recommend that you click to un-check the Show This Warning Next Time box and then click the I Accept the Risk button.
- Next, enter the following in the Search area to get to the default printer setting for Firefox: print_printer
- In the Value column on the far right, right-click on the printer name and a menu will pop up. In the menu, click Reset. You will see the printer blank out.
- In the last step, you will go to the Rain system and print from the printer you want to be the default. Firefox will make that printer the default and fill in the blank in its settings. Here is an example:
- Double check by going back to about:config, and in the search line enter print_printer. You will see the printer you just printed from as the default.