Here is a short video showing you how you can take a phone order and add shipping in the Register:
Steps for Taking a Phone Order with Shipping in the Register
- Click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin toolbar.
- You can either search for a customer or click the + next to customer search to create a new customer.
- First, make sure you enter and save a Street Address for the customer if they do not yet have that saved. You can do this by clicking on their name, if they are already a customer.
- Load the products the customer is buying in the normal way. (If you need a refresher on how to work with items in the Register, click here.)
- Once everything has been loaded, but before you go to take payment, find the small Truck button next to the word Shipping on the right and click it. PLEASE NOTE: If you need to charge tax on your shipping, skip to step 6 below. The Shipping module in the Register is for untaxed shipping only.
- If your shipping is taxed, you will need to create a product called Shipping, in the Advanced tab make sure the appropriate Tax Rate is applied, and add it as a line item to the transaction.
- If your shipping is untaxed, after you have clicked the Shipping button, the Shipping panel will open and you will see the customer's address. If your Shipping Methods did not fully load, click the Update Shipping Options button. Click the button next to the Method the customer wants, confirm the shipping amount is appropriate (you can manually adjust it if you need), and click Save.
- Complete the transaction in the normal way. Your transaction will be listed in the normal reports, but will also display in the Products > Orders area, where you can track its status, print a packing slip, and manage the shipping and fulfillment. For more information on working with the Orders module, click here.