Here is a short video showing you how you can use products for promotional or store use:
Steps for Using Products for Promotional or Store Use
- Go to POS > Customers.
- Click the + Add New Customer button in the upper left.
- You will need to create a New Customer with the name Store Use and/or Store Promotion (if you want to track those separately, create separate customers for both). In the Settings tab, set the customer to be Tax Exempt and to not be eligible for Rewards.
- Load the customer into the Register, and add the item(s) you'll be using.
- Click on the % button next to the word Discount in the gray section on the right, and give the transaction a 100% Discount. If any of the items are not eligible for discounts, you will need to zero out the Price.
- Complete the transaction. You can refer to the Customer History any time you need to track the total items used in this way.