Here is a short video showing you how you can set your preferences for the way the Layaways module will work for you:
Steps for Setting Your Layaway Preferences
- Click the gear-shaped button on the far right of the blue Admin Toolbar and click on Settings.
- Go to Settings > POS Settings > Layaway.
- Set your Deposit dollar amount or percentage, if any, that you would normally do for a layaway.
- If you require a Minimum Purchase, you can either set it for the whole transaction or on an individual item.
- For the Payment Interval Default, choose either Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly, for whichever interval you use most.
- Set your Term for however many months you usually do a layaway.
- You can set a Service Fee, a Cancellation Fee (which you can set to be the same as the Deposit), and/or a Late Fee for whichever of those you apply to your layaways.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.