Here is a short video showing you how you can start a layaway in the Register:
Steps for Starting a Layaway in the Register
Please note that you can also start a Layaway from POS > Layaways > +Add Layaway.
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Search for the Customer.
- Click any of the icons in the upper right, the Customer Actions panel will open. NOTE: If the customer has an active layaway, the open box icon will be highlighted in gold.
- Scroll down to Layaways in the left column and click the +.
- In the Add Layaway panel, set your Pick Up Date, apply any Service Charge adjustments if needed, adjust Deposit and Payment Term, if needed, and enter a Description if you need notes for a special situation.
- Search for the item(s) and add them to the layaway.
- Once all of the terms are in place, click the Print button to print out the layaway summary and agreement, you will want to print two copies so the customer can sign one to leave with you.
- Click to Save and Make Deposit, the deposit amount will be added to the Register.
- Complete your transaction in the normal way.