Here is a short video showing you how you can take a layaway payment in the Register:
Steps for Taking a Layaway Payment in the Register
Please note that you can also access any Layaway from POS > Layaways or from POS > Customers > Customer Name > Layaways.
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Search for the Customer.
- Click any of the icons in the upper right, the Customer Actions panel will open. NOTE: If the customer has an active layaway, the open box icon will be highlighted in gold.
- Scroll down to Layaways in the left column and find the one for which the customer is making a payment.
- Click the Pay button if they are making a regular payment.
- Click the Pick Up button if they are finalizing the purchase.
- The payment will load as a line item in the register. Fees, such as a late fee, will display as separate line items. Adjust fees and amounts as needed.
- Complete your transaction in the normal way.