Here is a short video showing you how you can start a special order in the Register:
Steps for Starting a Special Order in the Register
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Search for the Customer.
- Click any of the icons in the upper right, the Customer Actions panel will open. NOTE: If the customer has an active special order, the ticket icon will be highlighted in gold.
- Scroll down to Special Orders in the left column.
- Click the + button.
- The Special Orders panel will open. Click the Vendor button and select the Vendor you'll be ordering from.
- Search for the item you are special ordering. NOTE: you can only do one item per special order, but you can order any quantity of that item.
- Enter a Deposit amount, even if the amount is $0, you need to enter it in the Deposit field.
- Click the Add to Register button, your special order deposit will load as a line item even if it is $0 so that you can complete the order and print out the receipt.
- Complete your transaction in the normal way.