Here is a short video showing you how you can attach a special order to a purchase order:
Steps for Attaching a Special Order to a Purchase Order
- Go to POS > Special Orders, and make sure the special order you want it listed in Draft status, if it is not, you will not be able to attach it to the purchase order.
- Go to Inventory > New Purchase Order.
- Select the Vendor you are ordering from.
- You will be prompted to add open drafts to the purchase order, click on the draft to add it.
- Finish adding other items needed from the vendor in the normal way, and mark the order as Sent.
- When you receive the purchase order, after you complete receiving the special order item, you will be prompted to print a ticket with information about the customer so you can contact them about their order being in.
- Whenever the customer comes in, you can now complete the Special Order.