Scheduling a sale is a great way to help plan marketing events and increase sales. With Rain, you can now automated a scheduled sale to make this easier than ever.
Before we dive into how a schedule sale works, it is important to address a few important points:
- A Scheduled Sale simply updates the Sale Price of as many products as you select for the sale at the scheduled time. If there is an existing sale price, it will be overwritten. Once the end date is reached, the sale price field is emptied.
- If you have the separate Website Price field enabled, the Scheduled Sale will respect that setting and you will have an option to select whether you want to update the Sale Price, the Website Sale Price, or both.
Note: If you do not have a Website Price entered, the product will default to the Price. This is important to remember as if you create a sale and select to only apply it to the Sale Price, if you have no Website Price set it will default to the Sale Price on the web as well.
You can watch a video walk-through of this feature here:
Setting Up a Scheduled Sale
- Click on Products in the menu bar.
- Click on Schedule Sale on the far right.
- Click New Sale on the top right.
- Enter the details of your sale.
A Scheduled Sale can have a variety of statuses due to the date entered.
New - A sale is considered New only while creating it.
Draft - A sale is in a Draft state only when it has been saved as such.
Pending - A sale that has been scheduled, but that has not yet reached its start date is Pending.
Active - An Active sale is in between its start and end date and is currently running.
Completed - This sale has reached its end date, or it has been ended by opening the sale and clicking "End Sale" at any time it is active.
Ending a Sale
If you entered an end date when you scheduled your sale, it will automatically end once that date is reached. If you did not enter an end date, or need to end your sale early for any reason, you can do that by opening the scheduled sale and clicking the "End Sale" button.