Working with Customer Data
In this step you will learn how to track important information such as each transaction a customer has completed, reward points they've earned, and any outstanding money they owe on account, to name a few.
You can get to this part of the system when you first log in by clicking POS in the blue Admin Toolbar, then clicking Customers. You can also access this module by clicking Website > Customers (this opens the same module).
The Customers Module
Once you have opened the Customers Module, you have several ways you can work with the database:
- New Customer - You can click the New Customer button to create a new Customer in the system. (See Adding and Editing Customers below for more info)
- Bulk - Click the Bulk button to either Download Customers in your existing Customer database in CSV format (this will open in your default spreadsheet program) or download the blank spreadsheet with the data headers you'll need to Upload Customers in bulk. You can also set the following for ALL of your customers: If you have the Marketing Package, you can Enable Marketing or Remove Marketing. If you use the Point of Sale, you can Enable Rewards, Disable Rewards, Accept Checks, or Do Not Allow Checks. Please note that any of these latter functions will immediately apply the desired action to all of your customers, so use these settings with care.
- Show Leads - One of the options you have for your customers in the Settings tab (see Adding and Editing Customers below) is to set a customer as a Sales Lead. For any customers you have that are set this way, if you toggle the Show Leads switch to On, only those customers will display in your list.
- Search - When using the Search field, enter complete phone numbers (the system will not load partials), enter any part of an email address or name, and the system will find all matching results. If you have a very large number of customers, be as specific (and complete) in your search entries as you can.
- Customers - You can click on any of the linked information (e.g. Name, Date Created, or Email) for a Customer to open them in the Edit Customer view. You can also click on the Credit Card icon on the far right to load the Customer into the Register to begin a transaction.