If you are using your personal Pay Pal account for processing transaction on your website, you will find that there are and handful of limitations inherit with personal accounts that make things difficult. For instance, personal accounts will not allow you to authorize a transaction from your website, when a business account will. This particular error is common and will appear at the top of the checkout page saying "This merchant is not enabled for auth/settle."
Fortunately there is a quick fix available. All you have to do is convert your personal account to a business account. Please follow the below steps to convert your account.
1. Login to your Pay Pal account.
2. Click on "Profile" in the navigation.
3. Under "My Settings" it should say your account type as Personal. Click on the "Upgrade my account" link.
4. Then click on the "Upgrade Now" button at the bottom of the page.
5. Select the option for "Business Account" and press continue.
6. You will then be required to enter information about your business to complete the conversion.
After completing this process, whatever problems you were experiencing before should be resolved. Please let us know if you need any assistance or have questions about this process.