I have a question - how do I upload images in bulk to your server? I have been saving all my images to my computer.
To do a bulk image upload, log into the system and go to Website > Files. You can work with the folders on the left if you want to create new folders to upload your images into. Most of our clients just upload them all into the Products folder that is underneath your Images folder (you can click the little black triangle next to Images to expand and see what is underneath).
There's a lot you can do in the Images area:
- Upload files, either one at a time or in bulk.
- Create a New Folder under the one that is currently active.
- Clicking on the image will let you edit the title and see details.
- The URL for the image file can be copied for making links.
- If you hover over the image, you will see the Delete button pop up and you can remove it from your active list. This will not be bad for any links already going to the image, and it will still appear on the site wherever you've put it, it just won't be visible here anymore.
- You can sort by date or alphabetically, whichever is more convenient.
To start your upload, click on the Upload Files button, then click on the green Add Files button. Search your computer for the images you want to upload.
I recommend doing no more than 500 at a time. You can select all images in a single folder by opening the folder and doing Ctrl A. You can hold down your Ctrl key and click on as many images as you like in the window if they are mixed with ones you don't need to upload. When you have the ones you want selected, click the Open button. You will see them appear in a list in the Uploader window, along with thumbnails. If you need to add images from multiple folders, you can click Add Files again and keep adding. Once you are ready, click the blue Start Upload button, and you will see green progress bars as the images upload. Once the upload is complete, the Uploader window will close, and you will see your files at the top of the list in the images folder you sent them to.
Please remember that your image file names need to match exactly with either the SKU or the Manufacturer ID for that product. For the images to associate with the products, the product info must be in the system before you upload the images.
For more information on working with the Bulk area for Products, please see the training webinar video below:
Click here to learn more about working with your Products in Bulk.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 385-404-6200.