What the Web Connector Can Do
The Web Connector is a utility created by Intuit for QuickBooks that pushes over information from our POS to QuickBooks. Here are some key details:
- The Connector is a program you download and install onto the computer where you have your QuickBooks program. It is completely free to download.
- You run the Connector daily in the morning, updating your information for the previous day (it only takes about two minutes to run).
- It pushes over transactions including On Account, Gift Cards, Layaways, Outside Financing, Cost of Goods sold, Assets and of course regular transactions.
- We can also set up COGS and Assets by department if you wish.
- We handle returns and we can either push all the sales into undeposited funds or into a bank account that you have created in your system.
- We also push over Received Orders from our POS and create a bill as well as update your asset account.
- We can handle multi store.
What the Web Connector Can't Do
Here are a few things we can’t do yet:
- Currently we don’t push over individual customers or products. We will be pushing over customers who have open on accounts, but we don’t do that currently.
- When we create bills, we push over the date the Receiving Order was created and we use the assigned invoice number, not the date the invoice was created from the vendor, nor the invoice number you might have. We hope to have these updated in the near future.
- We don’t organize income by departments.
- Currently all transactions are coming over as individual line items, not in a summary.
- We can push info over to QuickBooks on the Cloud, but it requires the use of a third-party app that costs $20 a month.
- We can’t upload the web connector to a Mac because it’s an .exe file.
Setting Up Your Web Connector
We like to set up the web connector after you’ve been using the system for at least two days so we have transactions to push over and use for testing. It usually takes about an hour and a half to do this.
We can set it up at any point and we go back into your history years if necessary to update information.
Please email email@example.com and in the Subject line, enter QB Setup Request, your company name, and your Customer ID. You can find your Customer ID under the gear-shaped button on the far right of our blue Admin Toolbar.