A video tutorial can be viewed at: http://www.screencast.com/t/ja8VyfiZraiy
There are two ways to create a Kit as a new product. The first is creating a kit without assigning inventory to it, with the intention of doing so later. The second is by creating a kit starting from an existing product.
Creating a Kit Prior to Adding Components:
- Products > Products
- In the blue New Product dropdown go to New Kit.
- Here you can put in basic information like Product Title, Department, Categories, Retail Price, and more.
Creating a Kit with Components:
- To create a Kit with Components, (or to add inventory to an existing kit), go to Products > Assemble Kits. From here you can search for an existing kit or create a new one by pressing the + button.
- Once the title has been entered you’ll be prompted to input the quantity of Kits you’ll making.
- Your next step is to add the Kit Components. Search for the items you want to be added by using the Product Title or UPC/SKU in the search box below. From here all you have to do is put in the inventory of our kit components. Note, you can do this for each kit, or as a total quantity depending on your needs.
To replace or remove an item simply press the ‘x’ button to get rid of it.
- Once done, you can look at your estimated cost and compare it to the retail price to help you set your retail price appropriately. The last received cost on each component product is used to calculate the estimated cost per kit, and Retail Price. If you find you need to change the retail price, or haven’t entered one yet, you can go back to Products > Products to do so.
The system also remembers what you put into each kit and will pull those items up automatically when you enter the kit title into the Assemble Kits search box.
- When you have all the components added for your kit, simply click “Assemble Kits”, and that’s it!
Here’s a quick view of the steps…
Important Note: Once you assemble a kit, there is no de-assemble function at this time. So items replaced or removed will not be placed back into the product inventory. Also deleting a kit will not return the inventory for the individual kit components. Any components you wish to return the inventory back to the original product must be done manually.