If you're not getting your order notifications about online orders processed through PayPal, you will want to check your account settings in your PayPal account to make sure it is configured properly.
Sometimes PayPal will pop up an ad after you log in. If they do, you can click My PayPal at the top to go into your account and bypass the ad. Here are the steps to follow to check your settings for Instant Payment Notification:
1) After logging into your PayPal account, click My PayPal in the upper right (or Proceed to Account Overview below).
2) Click Profile in the upper right.
3) In the pop up panel, click on Profile and Settings.
4) On the left side, go down to the second section, Profile, and click on Notifications. Then over to the right, in the section for Instant Payment Notifications, click the Update link.
5) Your IPN should be ON by default, if it is not, click to turn it on. Most likely it appears as below. If so, do NOT click to turn it off. For the Notification URL, click the Edit Settings button (1) and proceed to #6 below (unless it is already set to be "www.mywebsite.com/checkout/ipn.php). If you have had some Notifications fail, you can click the IPN History Page link (2) and re-send the notifications, proceed to #7 below for more details. PLEASE NOTE: If a web transaction in the Rain system has gone to Abandoned Cart because of an IPN issue, resending the email will restore the order to a normal status if your IPN Notification URL is correct.
6) Verify that the URL is in this format: http:// or https://www.MyWebsite.com/checkout/ipn.php You can check your website in your browser to see if it is http:// or https:// Enter that URL into the Notification URL field. Make sure the radio-button for Receive IPN Messages (enabled) is clicked, then click Save.
7) The IPN History window will show you all notifications sent in whatever time frame you specify. If there are some that did not come through to the Rain system Orders module, you can re-send them. To do so, check the box for the line item for the notification(s) you want, then click Resend Selected. Please note, before doing this, you MUST make sure your Notification URL is correct! As noted above, if a web transaction in the Rain system has gone to Abandoned Cart because of an IPN issue, resending the notification email will restore the order to a normal status if your IPN Notification URL is correct.