How to List Your Products on Reverb
Go to Products > Products (or Products > Categories) and search for the first product you want to list on Reverb. Click to open that product in its Edit view. If you do not yet see your Reverb tab, click here to learn how to set up your integration.
Make sure the Product Title is complete (for better search results overall but especially on Reverb). You will want to enter Make and Model information, as well as the Year of the product, if relevant. Your product will continue to work in our Point of Sale and Website as it has, so your Department and Category on the Details tab need to be whatever is appropriate for the Rain system. On your Reverb tab (see below) you will be able to select the Reverb category in which your item will be listed, and that will operate independently of what you show for a Category here. The other settings on this tab, such as Show Price on Website and Show Add to Cart button, etc., will NOT affect how your product is listed on Reverb.
Further down on the Details tab, you will also want to list the Condition of the item, and that drop-list has many options for used items, and Brand New for regular items you sell new.
The Weight of the item (and in this example, the included hard case), is informational only with respect to Reverb, since you will be entering the actual set shipping charges in the next step. So it's not a required field unless you use it for your Rain system website shipping. You also have a Finish/Color field, where you can enter the item's color and special finish info, if any. Please note, the image shown above is for effect only; by default, you will want to enter all item images in the Images tab for the product.
You will want to enter both a Short Description and a Long Description for your product. The Short Description can only save 256 characters, including spaces and punctuation, so we recommend writing it and saving it before you activate the Reverb listing (see below), just to make sure your entire message is entered. The one above is a sample borrowed from a Music Zoo instrument listing from Reverb, and is actually much longer than 256 characters. You probably have about a line and a half of text or so, in a box sized like the example above.
For your Long Description, you will want put in some extra effort, since what you provide there will be directly selling your product to the public. You can put in links to downloadable files, such as PDF files (click here to learn how), you can embed YouTube videos (click here to learn how), and you can provide additional images to promote and sell your product (make sure the images are not the same as the ones in the Images tab, or they will display twice). Please remember that others will likely be listing the same items on Reverb, so the Long Description is how you can elevate your listing above the competition, and as long as you're competitive on price, you'll be the clear choice.
On the Reverb tab, you can set the following options however you need:
- Reverb Listing - Toggle this ON only when you are sure the product is ready to be listed (e.g. complete descriptions, proper images, etc.). Turning this on takes the product live on Reverb for sale.
- Status - You can Publish or Unpublish your Reverb listing here. If the product is published and the listing is Active, it will display Live, as pictured above.
- Categories - This drop list shows all of the Reverb Categories. Choose the main category for this product (e.g. Electric Guitars). Some categories will prompt you for a Secondary Category, so choose appropriately.
- Where Was It Made? - This drop list gives you a complete list of countries, with United States at the top. Choose the item's country of origin.
- Accept Offers - If your price is negotiable, toggle this option ON.
- Apply Shipping Profile - Your Reverb Shipping Profiles will be listed here, and you can apply the appropriate one to your product using the drop-list.
- Shipping Rates - You might want to do some research before listing your shipping amounts: there are a lot of sellers on Reverb that offer free shipping, so it's a good idea to shop around and see if the item in question is being sold by others on Reverb, and if so, whether they offer free shipping or not. If you decide to charge for shipping, your Continental U.S. amount should be able to cover wherever in the U.S. you might need to ship it. The same is true for Everywhere Else, which will cover all international shipping. Enter your values WITHOUT dollar signs. IMPORTANT: If you set shipping for your products in the Rain system, it will override the shipping settings you have in Reverb, so if you would rather use the Reverb shipping settings, you will want to leave our Shipping Rate fields blank.
Once you have all of your settings in place, click the Save Product button at the bottom of the page to bring your product update live.
Once it is live, you will see your listing in your Reverb account, and it will also be publicly listed in their categories. It will look something like this:
Adding Products to Rain that Already Exist in Your Reverb Account
If you already have a Reverb account with items listed and you wish to add them to the Rain system, there are a few key things to remember:
- Adding products in bulk to Reverb from Rain is not a function that we have yet developed. If you have hundreds of items you need to add from Reverb to Rain for the integration, please contact Rain support for best practices.
- The Reverb integration is a one-way street for items listed, but has multiple-lanes for selling items. This means that the products must be added in Rain and then pushed to Reverb (not the other way around). If you sell an item on your Rain website, Reverb page, or in your store, the inventory will be deducted in all areas.
- Items being added from your existing Reverb account must be removed first before adding the products to Rain for the integration. If you attempt to add an item to Rain using the Reverb integration while the item still persists on your Reverb account, it will duplicate the item or give you an error code (depending on whether the UPC matches).