Use Support Tickets to Find the Answers You Need
You can create support tickets by looking to the far right side of the blue Admin Toolbar and clicking on the '?' Help and then clicking to Create a Support Ticket.
When you have an idea for a way our system can work better or if you have found part of the system that is not working right, you'll want to create a ticket for the support team to review so we can get to work for you. To start, on the far right of the blue Admin Toolbar click the Help button, then click Create a Support Ticket.
We have excellent support for you, and we answer most tickets the same day they are received, and in some cases, within the hour. We strive to answer all tickets within 24 hours, but sometimes ticket volume prevents us from keeping to this standard, so if your issue is pressing, please call us at (877) 909-6699 and use option 2 for support.
Guidelines for Working Well with Support Tickets
For the fastest and best results from your Support team, here are some guidelines that will help:
1) Don't Hate Your Support Rep: We Love You! - We love our clients, and we're passionate about serving you well and solving your problems. Just remember that we're here to advocate for your needs with the powers that be at Rain Retail, so be kind to your Support rep!
2) Having a Bad Day? Don't Beat Up the Messenger - We realize that sometimes system issues can be frustrating and emotions can run high. Please keep in mind that we sincerely want to get to the bottom of the issue and get it fixed for you, so yelling and using bad language with your representative will be much less productive than working with us to get your issue taken care of quickly and professionally.
3) Want Fast Results? Give Us the Details - For any issue you send in, whether it's a request for new functionality or reporting a problem, we need specifics. How, exactly, do you want your new functionality to work? What items in the system, specifically, are examples of the problem you're seeing? The more detail you can give us, the better!
How to Format Your Ticket for Best Results
Do you want the fastest reply and the most spot-on information in the answer you get to your support ticket? The following guidelines have specific ideas for how you can send us what you need in a way that will help us serve you best.
Please remember, these are NOT things that you have to do, just ideas on what will help us get you the best results. As long as you are clearly communicating your needs, identifying yourself, and giving specific examples we can use, we'll be able to work with your request. Below is an example of a great way to give Support what we need to start advocating for you:
- Your Email - Enter the email you'd like to have our answers sent to for your support request.
- Subject Line - This is, in many ways, the most important part of your ticket. Ideally, we need to know four things in the Subject line:
- Type of Request - Are you reporting a bug? Is it some kind of glitch that you can't explain well? Are you needing a call back? The first word(s) of the subject line let us know the type of work we need to do for you. You can use Bug, Glitch, Call Back, Billing, or Question as your ticket type. If your request doesn't fit any of these, feel free to make up your own!
- Topic - What is the main topic of your request? Do you need a call back about setting up Navigation items on your website's main menu? Do you have a bug to report about our Products module? Make the topic as concise as you can (you'll be able to elaborate in the Description area, see below).
- Company Name - This lets us know who you are and can help us tell you apart from companies that might have names similar to yours.
- Customer ID - You can find this ID number under the gear-shaped button on the far right side of our blue Admin Toolbar. Having this number helps us jump straight to your system so we can start helping you. It is also a great idea to have this number handy if you call in as well, so we can look you up quickly!
- Suggested Articles - If you're inquiring about how something in the system works or about common problems we have encountered, it is likely there are support articles that have the answer you need. Glance through the articles listed and you may just find what you're looking for!
- Description - You can write as much as needed to let us know whatever it is you need. It's a good idea to give us your first name so we'll know how to address you. Make sure to give us specifics about whatever it is you need, detailed examples are best! A good way to make sure you're giving us what we need to help you is to ask yourself, "If I didn't know anything about this, what info would I need to help someone with it?"
- Attachments - You can attach spreadsheets, images, Word files, PDFs, or even video files if you like! See below for some how-to on how to take screen shots of what is happening in your system and how to records a video of your screen if you need to show us something.
- Submit - Before clicking this, double check what you've entered, make sure you've included all details. If you are attaching a file, make sure you see the attachment just above the Submit button, where it will list the file name. Click Submit whenever you're ready!
Anatomy of a Subject Line - Examples for You
Bug Ticket Example Subject Line
Bug - Reward coupons can't reduce balance owed - Best Online Co. - 1234
Not So Good:
Why can't I use coupons for On Account?
This is a good example of why specifics are important: there are two types of coupons in the system, Reward Coupons and product discount coupons in the Coupons module (under Products > Coupons). Also, we don't know who this client is and will have to spend a few minutes looking them up by their email address, wasting time that we could be using to solve problems for other clients. Lastly, since we don't know what kind of coupons are meant, we will need to send a reply to the client and ask them to clarify what they mean, which adds more time to the problem solving process.
The 'Good' subject line will allow us to give a complete answer to this client in the first reply, and we will know to whom we are speaking.
Glitch Ticket Example Subject Line
Glitch - Register Log In Prompt - Best Online Co. - 1234
Not So Good:
I hate this! Why is the Register sometimes logging me out in the middle of a transaction?
Here is an example of unnecessary emotion. We understand that the issues you are experiencing can be frustrating, but emotional outbursts won't help us help you with your problem. Even so, we also understand the need to vent, from time to time, so if you take it easy on us, that's okay too!
Call Back Ticket Example Subject Line
Call Back - Help setting up categories - Best Online Co. - 1234
Not So Good:
This is so frustrating, I can't get my products set up the way I need. Have someone call me NOW!
We are happy to do outbound calls during slower support volume times, but whenever we have high call volume, we won't be able to call back quickly. For pressing concerns, please call us at 877-909-6699 and use option 2 for support.
Billing Ticket Example Subject Line
Billing - Change credit card on our billing - Best Online Co. - 1234
Not So Good:
I've called in twice to change my credit card, can anyone help me?
This is an example when the company name and Customer ID are extremely important. For billing related issues, and anything that relates to critical account information, letting us know exactly who you are helps us make sure we're making system changes for the right client. In this case, the subject line is clear on what is needed, but extra time on the call will be required for the support representative to find out who the client is and get into their billing information to change the card.
Also, for an issue like this, NEVER put your credit card information into a ticket in this system. Any updates like this will need to be handled over the phone, so either call in, or ask for a call from our billing department and we'll be able to safely help you get that updated.
Question Ticket Example Subject Line
Question - How do I set up bin locations? - Best Online Co. - 1234
Not So Good:
I can't find anything about how to set up my bin locations, you need a better help site!
While we always have room to improve our resources, including information that is relevant to your request in the subject line is the best approach. In this case, and in the cases of many how-to questions, even the above not-so-good subject line would be enough for us to send you a link to the relevant article on how to set up and use your bin locations.
Screen Captures: Easier Than You Think
Technology can be intimidating at times, but below are links to see several easy ways to get screen captures you can use to show your support team whatever is going on.
Click here to see how to record a short video of your screen, with your audio commentary.