When setting up your terminal for Worldpay (formerly Vantiv), or sometimes during use, you may see error notices pop up if there is a problem. Here are some guidelines on different errors that are possible:
Failed to Get Network Parameters
If you see an error like this it is likely your Ethernet cable is not firmly seated in one or more of its ports. Check the cable and make sure it is firmly plugged in. Also, be sure to use the Ethernet port that is closest to the power jack on your processing terminal, if you're using a different port, that may be causing the issue.
If you still see the error message, your terminal is not receiving internet connection data through your router, so you need to make sure you have an RJ-45 cable (Ethernet) and that your router ports are properly functioning.
Pin Pad Not Ready
If you see an error like this, your processing terminal just needs to be power-cycled (turned on and off).
Activation Code Starts with 'C' instead of 'P'
Contact Vantiv/Worldpay for a new device.
'C98 3_X018E' - Error Code
If the terminal remains on this screen, the core application maybe corrupt. Contact Vantiv/Worldpay for a replacement device.
Oops there was an issue activating your hardware
If this code appears after activating your hardware, call our Rain Support team to troubleshoot the problem.
PIN PAD ERROR (573) OR 'Unable to configure EMV/contactless'
First try power-cycling the device (turning it off and on again). If that doesn't work the internal device date/time on payment device most likely does not match today's date. Please see instructions below for resolution:
- Reboot the PIN pad (hold button to the right of the device for 5+ seconds).
- When the RBA information screen appears, type 2 6 3 4 ENTER (RBA screen is the initial blue loading screen).
- Press F or + to get the menu.
- Press F for menu.
- Press 0 for Telium Manager.
- Press 3 for Initialization.
- Press 1 for Parameters.
- Select Date and Time and press Enter.
- Select Set Date and press Enter.
- Restart PIN pad application by holding down yellow Clear key and the minus key on the keypad.
Mx915 PINpad - Configure Date / Time
1. Enter system mode by pressing 1+5+9 at the same time.
2. Password is 166832.
3. Touch the 'Administration' tab.
4. Touch the 'Date/Time' tab.
*From here touch the appropriate parameters that require changing (Day, Month, Year, HH:MM:SS)
5. Touch Apply
6. Tap on the Home link (upper left) and then tap the Reboot button
7. Validate in the Application info section that the CommType now displays USB.
Other Hardware Information:
Wireless Ethernet Setup
There is a connector you can purchase for your Verifone MX915 that will allow it to connect wirelessly, if you like. Follow the setup instructions that come with the connector, and make sure you have it connected to your wireless network before proceeding with the integration.
Manual Card Entry - Veriphone MX915 (Phone Orders)
If you need to process a transaction and don't have the card at hand, as in a phone order, from the Register you'll proceed as if you're doing a normal Card payment method, send the amount over to the terminal by clicking the Pay button, but on the terminal click the red X button once, and it will prompt you to manually enter the card info. Be careful not to click it twice, as the second click will cancel everything out and you'll have to start over.
Manual Card Entry for Ingenico iSMP4
To manually process payments with your Ingenico iSMP4 device, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the sell screen and process the sale as normal.
2. When presented with your payment options, select Worldpay triPOS.
3. Vend will connect to your payment terminal.
4 Select F1 on your terminal to Enter Card for manual entry.
5. Follow the instructions on the terminal. First, enter your customer's credit card number and press the green enter button.
6. Next, enter the expiry date, and press the green enter button.
7. When the payment amount appears on the screen: Either select F3 to confirm or F4 to cancel the payment.
6. Your customer will then have to provide you with the zip code that is associated with the credit card account. Enter this into the terminal and press the green enter button.
7. The terminal will then return to the idle screen once the payment is successful.
Canadian / Other International Credit Cards
Please note, such cards will need to have the logo of any of the major credit card companies. The main problem with these transactions is the lack of Zip codes in foreign addresses, so for the Zip code, enter 00000, and it is likely to go through.
Please note that operations in both of the Ingenico terminals are almost identical, so support for them will utilize the same solutions in all areas except for wireless network support and barcode scanning (ISMP4 only).