You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the gear-shaped button on the right side of our blue Admin Toolbar, click Settings, then click POS Settings > QB Connect.
Importing Accounts for QuickBooks Connector
The next thing you need to do is get to where you can Import your QB Accounts. Now that you have the connector set up, with Quickbooks itself open and running, go to Settings > POS Settings > QB Connect, and click to open the QB Connect Settings. Click on Quickbooks, the first tab that comes up will be the one you need: Export.
Each time you run the Export, you will be exporting a single day's data only. In the Days Back field, the number you see applies to how many days back from today you want to choose dates from for when you run the Export. For example, the default value of 1 represents 1 day back, so you would be able to export data for yesterday. If you need to run an Export for today, that would be 0. The dates will show up in a drop-list after you click Save to set the range.
Here are some specifics on what the types of data are that can be selected for Export:
1. Export Sales Summaries - Compiles all Cash and Credit transactions into two separate lump totals in Quickbooks. One sales receipt line item for each tender type. Checks and everything else that isn’t Cash or Credit will export to QB as separate line items.
2. Cost of Goods Sold by Department - Advanced functionality that allows the customer to map COGS accounts in QB to Departments and push the COGS to those mapped accounts. Most of our clients to not go to this level of detail because it's not really necessary. Reporting in the Rain system breaks all revenue and asset data down by Department, as needed.
3. Vendor Billing Tracking - Creates bills for vendors within Quickbooks solely based on completed Receiving Orders in the Rain system.
4. Customer Balance Tracking - Our integration with Quickbooks does not currently support the transfer of this data, so there is no reason to export this at this time. We do plan to develop this in the future. Liability totals are exported as part of the sales summaries, so you will have the overall numbers. Enabling this feature will cause errors and other issues to occur with the integration.
5. Class Tracking by Store Location - If you have multiple Locations in our system, and if you've done the setup for location Classes in Quickbooks and Rain in the previous steps, check this box so data will export properly for the different Locations. If you have only a single Location in the system, leave this unchecked. If you're not sure if this applies to you or not, go to the gear-shaped button in the upper right and click on Settings. Scroll down through your company information. If there is only one location set in there, you do not have multiple system Locations.
6. Reset Days Transactions - If something changes about a day's data you have already exported (e.g. if you have to do a post-dated transaction, etc.). To update, first you need to clear the data for the day(s) in question, and then you can run the update again and get the full and current data loaded that way. When used this causes all data for the specified day to export to QuickBooks. This can cause duplicate data to exist in QuickBooks if data from that day still exists within QuickBooks.
A Note about Dates - As you begin your Exports, you'll notice that you're building a list of dates that have been updated. Some of these dates may display an asterisk, and that means that the data was successfully sent over to Quickbooks. If you see a day with an asterisk that needs to be sent to QuickBooks again, you can use the Reset Days Transactions checkbox to send the data over again.
To run the update, make sure the Days Back has a large enough number to go back to the date you want to Export. After you have set the data checkboxes for the options you want, click the Save button. You'll be taken back to the starting screen for this part of the settings, so click on Quickbooks again, and you'll be back to the Export tab.
Click the Export Transactions button, and the export will run. It is recommended to run the Export each day for the previous day's data.
You can Export as many days as you need to, you just have to do one at a time in this way. The Connector will update all such Exports you send it when you run the Update Selected.
You're all set!