The best way to drastically reduce refunds on web orders is to change your Checkout Method from Sale to Authorization. The Authorization method of checking out does not charge the customer's card right away, it just pre-authorizes the funds and sends you the order, giving you a chance to review everything. In the Products > Orders area, if you open the transaction, you will have the ability to reduce the amount being charged for shipping and adjust quantities of items in the order, if you need. When the order is ready to go, you can click the Update button in the Payment Details area you can click a button to Capture Funds. You cannot set the shipping or quantities to charge a larger amount than was authorized originally on the card. You can change your Checkout Method by logging into the Rain system as an Administrator (your login link should look like 'yourwebsitename.rainadmin.com/admin'), on the far right side of the blue Admin Toolbar, and clicking the gear-shaped button. In the drop-list, click on Settings > Website Settings > Products and find Checkout Method in the list. Change it to Authorization, then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save. Then either call Support (at 877-909-6699, option 2) or email us at email@example.com and let us know you would like to use the Authorization method of checkout for the website, and we will complete your configuration for that on our end in your Processor settings.
Articles in this section
- How can I see sent website order notifications with delivery and open statistics?
- How can I customize / edit my website order notification emails that go out to my customers?
- How do I have the system send mobile phone texts for order notifications in addition to the email notifications?
- How do I set the system to send out an email notification when orders are cancelled, returned, or refunded?
- How do I set the system to send out a confirmation email once an order has been picked up?
- How do I set the system to send reminders for customers to come pick up their order if they are slow to respond?
- How do I set the system to send out an email notification when a website order has been shipped?
- How do I set the system to send out an email notification when website orders are ready to be picked up?
- How do I configure how my website order notifications work?
- How do I allow my website customers to login and see past purchases and rewards?