The Rain catalog system contains over a million products across multiple industries, and while it is not a comprehensive listing of every product you might sell, it does contain a great many products from major manufacturers in the industries we serve. We are constantly updating it and building relationships with more and more manufacturers to broaden our product listings for you.
Here is a short video showing you how you can quickly add products in bulk from our Catalog:
Steps for Bulk Adding Catalog Products
- Go to Products > Products and click the drop-list for the New Product button.
- First, click the Vendor drop-list to view all Vendors currently available in our Catalog. Choose the Vendor you want.
- Initially, all of their products in the Catalog will come up, and if you need, you can use the Category drop-list to further refine the products that display, and you can also search the active list on the far right.
- Once you have narrowed the list down, you can just start clicking on the items you are going to want to add. You can select as many as you like in this way and the system will keep a running total for you at the bottom, even as you go across multiple pages.
- Once you have everything you want selected, click the green Add Items button at the bottom, and the system will add the items to your products.
Important Note: All of the products you just added will be in the system without Inventory, Categories, Departments, and other important information you may want to add, so the system will put them at the top of your Products page as the most recently added items, and you can go through them and add that information.
For this reason, we recommend you work with adding manageable numbers of items in this way, perhaps one category at a time, to make the follow-up data entry easier on you.