This article details the newest version of our integrated ordering with Moda. This newest integration is as easy as we can make it! Once you use the steps below to set up, every order you make with Moda, whether it's through their website or with one of their representatives or over the phone, will automatically generate a Purchase Order for you in your Rain system! In addition, products that are new to your system will automatically be created in this process, and they'll be highlighted for you as 'review' items so you can make sure the new products have the details they need.
Also, when ordering at Moda's website, their ordering system will show you what items are in your inventory in the Rain system that are low in inventory and you can have those items added automatically to your order. Once they ship your order, in the Rain system, a Receiving Order will automatically be created and you will be notified by email, and multiple such Receiving Orders will automatically be associated with the original Purchase Order if there are back-ordered items.
Setting Up Moda Vendor Integration
1. Log into the Rain system.
2. On the far right of the blue Admin Toolbar, click on the gear-shaped button and go to Settings.
3. Click on Integrations and toggle the Moda integration to ON.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Now you are ready to activate the integration within the Moda Vendor account, here is how to do this:
1. Click on Inventory > Vendors.
2. Click +New Vendor to create a new vendor, OR click on Moda if you've already saved them in the system.
3. If you're creating it new, enter the vendor name as either Moda. If you have it in there already, make sure it says either one of those names or the other (NOT both, e.g. Moda).
4. On the Details tab, click on the drop-list arrow and select Moda.
5. Add your Moda Account Number (if you do not know it, contact your Moda Rep for help).
7. Click on the Locations Account Info tab.
8. Enter your Vendor Account ID, even if you only have a single Location in the system. If you have multiple Locations, there will be fields for each of them.
Note: If you have a single location, you will use your Notions Marketing Bill To Account ID for both your Account # and your Location Account field. If you have more than one location you will use your Bill To Account ID for your Account #, and the Ship To Account ID for each location.
9. Click Save to finalize your setup.
Please Note: You no longer need to use the tabs for Integration or Instant Order. None of those functions are necessary for this new Integration.
Using the Vendor Integration
When you are ready to make an order with the integration, you will simply order items through your normal channels (with your vendor representative, on their website, or over the phone / by fax). Once the order has been placed, the vendor system will communicate with the Rain to create a Purchase Order for you automatically. For products that have never been in your system, they will be created for you via the catalog from the vendor.
When the order ships to your store, the Purchase Order will convert to a receiving order for you to receive into the system. The final steps will be reviewing the new products (adding them to categories, etc) and printing labels.