This article details the newest version of our integrated ordering with United Notions / Moda. This newest integration is as easy as we can make it! Once you use the steps below to set up, every order you make with Moda, whether it's through their website or with one of their representative or over the phone, will automatically generate a Purchase Order for you in your Rain system! In addition, products that are new to your system will automatically be created in this process, and they'll be highlighted for you as 'review' items so you can make sure the new products have the details they need.
Setting Up United Notions Vendor Integration
1. Log into the Rain system.
2. Click on Inventory > Vendors.
4. Click +New Vendor to create a new vendor, or click on United Notions (or Moda) if you've already saved them in the system.
5. If you're creating it new, enter the vendor name as either United Notions or Moda. If you have it in there already, make sure it says either one of those names or the other (NOT both, e.g. United Notions/Moda).
5. On the Details tab, click on the drop-list arrow and select United Notions.
6. Toggle ON the vendor integration.
7. Add your vendor Account Number (if you do not know it, contact your vendor for help).
8. Click Save to finalize your setup.
Please Note: You no longer need to use the tabs for Locations Account Info, Integration, or Instant Order. None of those functions are necessary for this new Integration.
Using the Vendor Integration
When you are ready to make an order with the integration, you will simply order items through your normal channels (with your vendor representative, on their website, or over the phone / by fax). Once the order has been placed, the vendor system will communicate with the Rain to create a Purchase Order for you automatically. For products that have never been in your system, they will be created for you via the catalog from the vendor.
When the order ships to your store, the Purchase Order will convert to a receiving order for you to receive into the system. The final steps will be reviewing the new products (adding them to categories, etc) and printing labels.
Please note that at present, the integration with United Notions includes only this automated PO creation integration. In the future, we will be working with United Notions to add functionality to integrate with your Low Inventory Report directly and to add automated Shipping Notifications to let you know when your Moda orders ship.