Our website and Point of Sale system runs directly in a web browser, and one of the best browsers to use for our system is Chrome. You will need to download and install the program before logging into the system to use it or to follow along in a training session.
Please note that for working with website content, Firefox is easier to use than Google Chrome, so Firefox should be your first choice for that part of the system.
- Tabbed Browsing - The site you are currently viewing will be in the active tab, like the one you see above, and there will always be a + button for you to open a new tab, or you can hold down Ctrl and hit the T key to open a new one. You can have as many tabs open in the system as you need.
- Reload Page - From time to time, as we are working with you in the system, we may ask you to refresh or reload the page to see changes we have made for you. This button will refresh the page, and if you are still not seeing it, holding down Shift and clicking on the Reload Page button will force the browser to completely reload everything.
- Address Bar - This shows the page address you are currently viewing. When logging into the site, or when our Support team asks you to go to a page in your browser, enter the address here.
- Bookmark Page - You can create a bookmark to easily go back to the page you are currently viewing by clicking on this Star.
- Chrome Menu - Your Chrome menu will open when you click this button, here you can get to areas such as your History, Downloads, Bookmarks, and Settings.
- Bookmarks Bar - You may not see this at first, but it is something you can enable in the Chrome Menu (#5) under the Bookmarks area. This is a very convenient way to single-click launch your most-used pages.
- Downloads (not pictured) - Whenever you download an image or a file, a bar will appear at the bottom of the page, and each downloaded file will be listed in its own button.
Other browser programs may not work well at all with our system, for example, Internet Explorer and Safari will not work at all with certain parts of our system that you will need. Firefox and Chrome work best with the Rain system.