This article details the newest version of our integrated ordering with Michael Miller Fabrics. This newest integration is as easy as we can make it! Once you use the steps below to set up, every order you make with Michael Miller Fabrics, whether it's through their website or with one of their representative or over the phone, will automatically generate a Purchase Order for you in your Rain system! In addition, products that are new to your system will automatically be created in this process, and they'll be highlighted for you as 'review' items so you can make sure the new products have the details they need.
Please Note: Before you can use the integration, you will need to activate it by going to the Gear Button > Settings > Integrations > Vendors and toggling the switch to Yes. Then click Save at the bottom to save your settings.
Setting Up Michael Miller Fabrics Vendor Integration
1. Log into the Rain system.
2. Click on Inventory > Vendors.
4. Click +New Vendor to create a new vendor, or click on Michael Miller Fabrics if you've already saved them in the system.
5. On the Details tab, click on the drop-list arrow for Integration and select Michael Miller Fabrics. The Vendor name will automatically populate.
6. Add your vendor Account Number (if you do not know it, contact your vendor for help).
7. Click on the Locations Account Info tab.
8. Enter your Vendor Account ID, even if you only have a single Location in the system. If you have multiple Locations, there will be fields for each of them.
Note: If you have a single location, you will use your Notions Marketing Bill To Account ID for both your Account # and your Location Account field. If you have more than one location you will use your Bill To Account ID for your Account #, and the Ship To Account ID for each location.
9. Click Save to finalize your setup.
Please Note: You no longer need to use the tabs for Integration or Instant Order. None of those functions are necessary for this new Integration.
Using the Vendor Integration
When you are ready to make an order with the integration, you will simply order items through your normal channels (with your vendor representative, on their website, or over the phone / by fax). Once the order has been placed, the vendor system will communicate with the Rain to create a Purchase Order for you automatically. For products that have never been in your system, they will be created for you via the catalog from the vendor.
The PO will display in your list of Purchase Orders and will have an asterisk in front of it to let you know it came through the automated integration, as shown below.
When the order ships to your store, the Purchase Order will convert to a receiving order for you to receive into the system. The final steps will be reviewing the new products (adding them to categories, etc) and printing labels.