You can create your own data fields for your customers by clicking on the gear-shaped button and going to Settings > POS Settings > Customers.
Please Note: This feature is currently in closed beta, which means we have very few clients helping us test it and in the future it will be released to open beta. At that point, you'll see an announcement about it in the weekly System Updates (click on the Home icon on the far left of the blue bar to see the weekly updates) and if you have an Administrator-level login, you will be able to click on the gear-shaped button on the right side of the blue bar and go to Beta Features and turn it on or off from there.
If you scroll down below the Rewards settings, you'll see the Customer Profile Organization area, and the different Sections that are already in place for you. Those default Sections include Contact Information, Address, and Other, and they cannot be deleted.
You are able to click on the blue pencil for any of them to add more fields, if you like. Here is an example of what is in the Contact Information section:
You'll notice that for any of the default Sections, you cannot edit the Section title, nor can you reorganize or delete any of the primary data fields. You are able to click the drop-list for a new input field of your choice, and you can add as many as you like. There are several types of data fields you can add:
Here are the different kinds of data fields you can add, and the kinds of information you might use them for:
PLEASE NOTE: It is extremely important that you DO NOT enter any sensitive information about a customer in any of these custom fields. They are not considered to be secure, since people in your organization will have access to the information. Things like social security numbers, passwords, or credit card information to name a few things should never be entered into this system. To keep our system secure, we reserve the right to remove any such data you may accidentally add to this area. This is for your protection and the protection of your customers.
1) A Text field allows you to enter text about a topic and save it for the customer. For example, you might list out hobbies, or enter payment preference, rental details, or really anything that would require you to write a few words.
2) A Numeric field will allow you to enter numbers only about some topic for the customer. For example, you could track the family size associated with a customer, age, shoe size, etc.
3) A Phone Number field will format the numbers for a phone number for your country, and can be for a Fax number, or some other special number not already in the list.
4) In a Dropdown you can specify a list of any number of options, and then pick one that would apply to the customer. For example, you could track their outdoor interests, or their skiing skill level if you do ski rentals, etc.
5) An Address input inserts fields for comprehensive address info, including fields for Street, Address, City, Zip, State, and Country, as seen in the example below. A business or company address is a common use for this field.
6) A Date field will allow you to click and choose a calendar date for whatever the date is about. For example, you could put in a date for the most recent class the customer attended, or a date for their ski season start.
Please note that after you add any custom fields you want, in the Edit Customer Profile Section panel you will need to click the Save button at the bottom. You will ALSO need to click the Save button at the bottom of the Customers tab of your POS Settings in order for those changes to be saved.
Here is how the above fields appear in the system for an example customer:
You can also create your own Sections from the Customer settings area. If you click the +New Section button. You can name the new section, for example, Club Membership, or Renter Info, or Quilter Info, etc. Then, as described above, you can add different types of Input fields in order to capture the information you need for the customer.
You can create any number of Sections you might need for different types of information, and everything you create will appear in a running list on the Details tab of each Customer. Here is what the above Section looks like in a Customer entry:
Any custom Sections or fields you make will be included in every Customer's Details tab, whether you use it for each customer or not.