In the morning of May 18th, 2019 Amazon's web services (AWS), which we use to host our servers, had an issue which resulted in many stores being unable to connect to their system. We were made aware of the issue immediately and worked as quickly as possible with Amazon's team to address the issue.
What exactly happened?
- Users were unable to connect to the server from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM (MST)
- The servers came back up however slow speeds continued from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM (MST)
What backup measures do we have in place?
- Rain Retail has four total servers around the world which normally give us three redundancies in case of a serve outage.
- We have a series of automatic server alerts in place to notify us when a problem occurs.
- All servers are monitored 24/7 for any potential issues and teams are in place to resolve any unexpected issue.
What are we doing to prevent this from happening in the future?
- We are currently looking into additional back-up systems which should prevent something similar from happening again.
We work very hard to prevent any interruptions to our service as we know that you rely on us for your business. We sincerely apologize for the interruption, which we know occurred at prime business hours for many, and appreciate the patience you showed as we worked quickly on a resolution. We value your business and appreciate the trust you place in us.