The POS Settings Tab
You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the gear icon on the right side of blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking Settings > POS Settings. The General tab will be highlighted. Please note, this article is an overview that will list all settings, but will offer description only on those that need explanation. For a fully detailed description of all functions in this tab, please click here.
As you work on your settings, in each tab, you need to remember to click the Save button at the bottom of the screen before you move on to another tab or screen, or you will lose your work.
General Settings for Point of Sale
The General tab allows you to configure notifications and settings in your Register, as well as options for how your receipts print for transactions and how your barcode labels will print.
General Register Settings
- Admin Email - Enter your Admin Email; this will be the From address for emailed receipts and notifications that come from the Register.
- Prompt for User PIN - In the Register, if you are needing to see the name of the sales clerk for each transaction, you will want to have the Prompt for User PIN on Every Transaction box checked. For this to work, each employee will need a User account (under the gear-shaped button and Users) and a PIN code saved. This is also how the system knows what User Permissions are enabled for each employee. You can click here to learn how to set up your employee User accounts and Group Permissions.
- Disable Discount Override - For line items in your Register, you can click the blue pencil and apply a discount that will affect only that line item. That discount will normally override settings for the product and/or its department for whether or not the item is eligible for discounts. If you do not wish for that discount area to override those settings, check the box to disable it.
- Reward Coupon Management - The Rewards program generates dollar-amount discount coupons that can be used for purchases in the Register. In some cases, customers may accumulate multiple coupons, and if you prefer they only use one per transaction, you can leave blank the box that says Allow More Than One Coupon Per Transaction.
- Customer Verification - If you have a lot of customers with similar names, it might make sense to turn on the Verify Customer Details option. This will open a panel with important customer information any time you load a customer into the register, just to help you make sure you have the right one.
- Display Tax Breakdown on Receipt - In countries such as Canada and Australia, multiple taxes (GST and PST) apply to each retail transaction, and this setting allows those taxes to be itemized individually on the receipt, as per the legal requirements of those countries.
- Store Copy: Signature Only - For signature transactions, do you really need the store copy to show all of the transaction details, or do you just need the final amount and basic details? Turning this on can save you a lot of paper throughout a year!
Save Your Work! Please note that after you have adjusted your settings, you need to find the green Save button at the bottom of the screen and click it or the system will not keep the changes you made!