Configure Your Layaways
You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the gear-shaped button on the right side of our blue Admin Toolbar, click Settings, then click POS Settings > Layaway.
- Deposit - You can set the system to take deposits, if you like. They can either be a percentage of the total or a set dollar amount.
- Minimum Purchase - At what purchase total is it worth your time to facilitate a layaway? Set the amount in here so that purchases for this module have to meet that minimum in order to be set up.
- Payment Interval Default - You can set your Layaway payments to be scheduled on a Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly basis.
- Term (Number of Months) - Set any number of months the customer may want for the term of the layaway. It can always be paid off early, if the customer likes.
- Service Fee - If you wish to apply a fee to cover the labor in facilitating the layaway and possibly 'renting' the storage space, set the amount that makes sense to you.
- Cancellation Fee - You can either set a fixed dollar amount as a cancellation fee or you can make the deposit non-refundable by checking the box that says Same as Deposit.
- Late Fee - If you apply a late fee, please note that they are cumulative, and will trigger the late fee as a new period starts. For example, if a customer's layaway is set to be paid on weekly and they are four weeks behind, their late fee would have triggered four times. So if their late fee is $10, they will owe $40 in late fees!
- Reserve Inventory - There are two ways your inventory can function for items in your Layaways: 1) non-reserved inventory (this option NOT checked) would be available for sale throughout the layaway, or 2) reserved inventory would still show the items in your inventory, but they would be in a Reserved status and would be unavailable for sale in the website or point of sale.
Save Your Work! Please note that after you have adjusted your settings, you need to find the green Save button at the bottom of the screen and click it or the system will not keep the changes you made!