Find and Work With Your Products On-Screen
You can get to this part of the system by logging into the system and in our blue Admin Toolbar, click Products > Products.
The main Products page is one of the most powerful parts of the system, and it's an area where you'll be doing a lot of your work. When you first open this page, you will see a list beginning with your most recently added items.
Here are the major features of the page:
- New Product - You can click the New Product button to manually create a new product or to use the Catalog to create a new product. You can also click the drop-list if you want to make a Kit product, or if you want to add a lot of products to your inventory at once by using the Bulk Add from Catalog option.
- Bulk Actions - This area allows you to do several things with products you search for and select in the item list. Full details are below in the section on Bulk Actions.
- Item Search - Search by Title, UPC, SKU, or Manufacturer ID for products if you know specifically what you are searching for. All products with matching info will populate in the item list.
- Filters - You can use Filters to select very specific product attributes. For the full functionality, please see the section below on Filters. Once you have searched for items using the Filters list, an X button appears on the right that will allow you to clear all selected Filters.
- Select All / Select Individual Items - After you search and/or filter for the items you want, if you want to do any Bulk Actions with them, you need to check the box for each item. If you want to check all the boxes at once, or un-check all select boxes, click in the topmost box. The Select All function will do so across multiple pages, if you have that many products in your search or filter results. Once you have selected one or more items, a Clear Selection button will appear that will allow you to remove the check-boxes from all selected items, or it also has a drop-list that lets you View Selected items (see image below).
- Product Options - If a product has different Options, such as colors, sizes, etc., it will have a number in blue in this area. Clicking on the number will open up a list of all of the Options. If any are Deactivated, they will have a line through the text, as pictured above.
- Product Details - This page provides the product Title (which you can click on to open the Edit Product view in a panel), the Price (which shows a range of low to high for Options that have different prices), UPC number, SKU number, and the Quantity in stock (which displays a cumulative total of items across all Locations, if you have multiple locations set up in the system. For products with Options, a total Quantity across all Options is displayed, and you expand the list of Options, and then you can see the Quantity for each one.
- Item Actions - You can either Duplicate an item by opening this drop-list, or you can Delete it. Please note that even deleted products can be searched for (in the Filters area), reopened, and if you Save them, they will become active again.
Bulk Product Actions
To work with your products in bulk without having to use a spreadsheet, here are the basic steps:
- Either Search for the products you want by product ID or keyword, or use the Filters tool to find the products with which you want to work.
- Check the boxes for the products you want, or check the topmost box to Select All.
- Click the Bulk Actions button and choose which action you want to perform.