Find and Work With Your Products On-Screen
You can get to this part of the system by logging into the system and in our blue Admin Toolbar, click Products > Products.
The main Products page is one of the most powerful parts of the system, and it's an area where you'll be doing a lot of your work. When you first open this page, you will see a list beginning with your most recently added items.
Here are the major features of the page:
- New Product - You can click the New Product button to manually create a new product or to use the Catalog to create a new product. You can also click the drop-list if you want to make a Kit product, or if you want to add a lot of products to your inventory at once by using the Bulk Add from Catalog option.
- Bulk Actions - This area allows you to do several things with products you search for and select in the item list. Full details are below in the section on Bulk Actions.
- Item Search - Search by Title, UPC, SKU, or Manufacturer ID for products if you know specifically what you are searching for. All products with matching info will populate in the item list.
- Filters - You can use Filters to select very specific product attributes. For the full functionality, please see the section below on Filters. Once you have searched for items using the Filters list, an X button appears on the right that will allow you to clear all selected Filters.
- Select All / Select Individual Items - After you search and/or filter for the items you want, if you want to do any Bulk Actions with them, you need to check the box for each item. If you want to check all the boxes at once, or un-check all select boxes, click in the topmost box. The Select All function will do so across multiple pages, if you have that many products in your search or filter results. Once you have selected one or more items, a Clear Selection button will appear that will allow you to remove the check-boxes from all selected items, or it also has a drop-list that lets you View Selected items (see image below).
- Product Options - If a product has different Options, such as colors, sizes, etc., it will have a number in blue in this area. Clicking on the number will open up a list of all of the Options as pictured below. If any are Deactivated, they will have a line through the text.
- Product Details - This page provides the product Title (which you can click on to open the Edit Product view in a panel), the Price (which shows a range of low to high for Options that have different prices), UPC number, SKU number, and the Quantity in stock (which displays a cumulative total of items across all Locations, if you have multiple locations set up in the system. For products with Options, a total Quantity across all Options is displayed, and you expand the list of Options, and then you can see the Quantity for each one.
- Item Actions - You can either Duplicate an item by opening this drop-list, or you can Delete it. Please note that even deleted products can be searched for (in the Filters area), reopened, and if you Save them, they will become active again.
Bulk Product Actions
To work with your products in bulk without having to use a spreadsheet, here are the basic steps:
- Either Search for the products you want by product ID or keyword, or use the Filters tool to find the products with which you want to work.
- Check the boxes for the products you want, or check the topmost box to Select All.
- Click the Bulk Actions button and choose which action you want to perform.
Here are the major Bulk Actions functions:
1. Select All / Deselect All - Once you have searched or filtered for the products with which you want to work, you can click this button to select all of them across all pages of the search.
2. Bulk Actions Button - This button will show the total number of selected products, and clicking it will drop the list of functions down for you.
3. Print Barcode Labels - Clicking this option will load all selected products into the Print Barcode Labels window, and you can work with quantities per label and see previews from there.
4. Edit Products - If you open this tool, you will be able to apply bulk edits to all selected products, such as adding them to a Department, to Categories, Manufacturers, or Vendors. You can also edit prices and other key information. For full details, follow the link below this section.
5. Export - Clicking this option will download a CSV file of the selected products that you can open in any spreadsheet program or app.
6. Import - Clicking this option will allow you to upload product updates in bulk by spreadsheet. It's best to first Export as above the products you want to edit, then upload the adjusted CSV file.
Using the Filters Tool
The Filters tool is a powerful way to find very specific groupings of products. Here is the full list of product attributes for which you can Filter:
You can filter for multiple attributes at once, for example, if you need to find products in your Sale category that were created after the 15th of the previous month, you can use the Category drop-list to choose the Sale category, then you can enter the Date Created near the bottom, and when you click Search, it will only give you those products created as of that date and after that are in your Sale category. You can clear your Filters by either clicking the X that comes up to the right of the Filters button, or if the Filters panel is open, you can click the Reset button at the bottom.