You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the Products link in the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking New Product > Advanced Tab. You can also quickly open any existing product and get to this tab by going to Products > Products, searching for your item, and then clicking on its title and then the Advanced Tab.
This area allows for some special settings for your product. Here is what you can do:
- Eligible for Discounts - If it is not already set at the Department level, you can set the product to be eligible or not for discounts in the Point of Sale.
- Eligible for Rewards - In the same way, a product can be set to generate Reward Points or not, if the Department does not already have it set.
- Is a Kit - If you want to use our Assemble Kits module to add component products to a kit, set this toggle to Yes so it can work with that module.
- Taxes - Some products may require a special tax setup. For any tax rates you have configured in your Settings (Settings > POS Settings > Taxes), you will see the title and a check box to enable it. The product will automatically have the Materials tax rate checked as active if that has been set as your Product Default tax in the Taxes setup window in Settings. Check the boxes for as many tax rates as would apply for the product, but understand they will be cumulative when the system charges tax. For example: If you have Municipal (3%), County (1.5%) and State (3%) tax rates configured, and all would apply for the product, you would check all three boxes, and in the POS, the product would combine those rates (7.5%) and charge that amount for the tax on that product.
- Rent to Own Contract Profile - Note: if you do not have Rent to Own enabled in your system, you will not see this option. This function allows you to set any RTO Contract Profile as the default profile for the product.
- Cost Depreciation Schedule - Note: if you do not have Rent to Own enabled in your system, you will not see this option. This function lets you apply a Cost Depreciation Schedule to the product so it will depreciate properly as it is used in a rental.
- Suggested Products - This is a follow-up step you will want to do after you have entered most or all of your products into the system. You can use the search field to find a product that would go well with the product you are working on. This is similar to what you see in big online retailers where they show you "Customers who bought this also liked these..." You can enter any number of these, but as a practical matter, an even number such as four or six is good.
- Digital Download - Our system can facilitate secure digital downloads for products such as videos, audio files, PDFs or other documents, or a combination of files that have been combined into a Zip file. You can upload a file up to 100mb in size, and our system allows only the purchaser to download the file with the link that is sent to them.
- Product Form - You can get information from the customer about their order using one or more product Form fields. For example, if you do monogramming on a bag you sell, you could put a Single Line Input field into the product so the customer could enter their initials for the monogram. Form fields include Single Line Input (short written answers), Paragraph Input (longer descriptive answers), Check Box (if checked, the item is true, e.g. the title in front of the check box could be 'Gift' and if the box is checked, you might giftwrap it), Dropdown Box (a list of options they can choose from). You can add as many necessary form fields as you like.
- Offline Reserve - You can set an amount of the inventory quantity to not be available for online sale so you have a reserve of the product for in-store sales. For example, if you have 15 units in stock, you could set an Offline Reserve of 3, leaving 12 for online sale. In this example, when someone is viewing the product online, if they click to set the Quantity they want to buy, they would only see up to 12 items in the drop list.
- Add to Wait List - If you sell out of the product online, this feature will allow visitors to add their names to the Wait List report so you can notify them when you have the item back in stock. Please note, you will manually have to check the Wait List report, and you will have to manually email the customers.
Saving Your Product and Other Functions
You have several choices on how you might want to save your product once you are ready to do so:
Save Product will simply save what you have entered so far and take you back to wherever you were before you started creating/editing your product.
Save & Duplicate will save the current product and create and save a new copy of the product with the word Copy added to the Title. This is great whenever you are adding a series of very similar products for which you only need to change the images, title, and a few other areas. It can be a very rapid way to get such products into the system. Please note, this does not work for products with Options and Styles.
Save & New will save the current product you're working on and open a blank new one for you. This can be especially useful when you're using the Catalog to populate product data for you, and is probably the fastest way to add individual products in our system.
You can Deactivate your product from here, which will leave it visible to you when logged in as an Admin, but your website visitors will no longer be able to see or search for the product. This state can also be changed from the Products > Products page on the far right of each product's item bar. It is useful to Deactivate products if you know you will be restocking them in the future but are currently out of stock. Deactivated products will still be visible in your Reports and Customer History.
If you know you will never restock an item, you can Delete it from here. Deleted products will still be visible in your reports and in your Customer History. If you accidentally delete a product you didn't mean to remove, you can go to Products > Products, use the Filter list to search for the Status of Deleted, click to open the product. Then if you Save the product, it will be in an Active state for you again.