Here is a short video showing you how you can create a kit product that will pull inventory from other component products:
Steps for Creating a Kit
- Go to Products > New Product and enter the Title of your kit.
- Click the Advanced tab and toggle Is a Kit to Yes, then Save Product at the bottom (you can finish the other information now or later, if you like, but don't enter Inventory or Cost yet, the Assemble Kits module will do that for you).
- Click on Products > Assemble Kits.
- Search for your new kit and then enter the Quantity you will be assembling.
- Search for each component product and enter the quantity of each that will be going into the kit.
- You can click Estimate Cost to see the cost to you for the kit, as long as all components have their costs in place.
- Click Assemble Kits, the inventory will be pulled from the components and your Kit product will have inventory and cost added.
- After completing the product information such as Image and Description, your product will be ready to sell!
How to Disassemble Kits
If you need the ability to 'disassemble' kits and put the component inventory back into the individual components, you can enable that functionality by clicking on the Gear Button > Beta Features > Disassemble Kits. Be sure to click Save at the bottom once you have turned the function ON. Please note, at present, this tool does NOT reverse inventory adjusted by the Precuts tool, it applies only to kits.
To Disassemble Kits you have already built using the Assemble Kits feature, do the following:
- Go to Products > Products and search for the kit you want to Disassemble.
- Click on the Kit product title to open its detailed Edit Product view.
- Scroll down to the gray box area and find Inventory and click on the Change link.
- Find the inventory line-item with active inventory and click the Disassemble link on the far right.
- In the Disassemble Kit window, select the number of kits you will be disassembling, the Qty Restocked will update to show how much of each component item will be going back into those products.
- Click the Disassemble Kit button to make the inventory changes. The inventory quantity of the Kit itself will be reduced, and each component will be increased according to the numbers you entered.