Create a Link
These steps will help you create a text or image link to a page on your site. For these steps, the page must appear in your All Pages list, so this kind of linking will not work if you need to link to one of your products, classes, events, or news items. Please see below for instructions on how to link to dynamic module pages.
- Go to the location the link will open when someone clicks it and at the top of the browser, copy the URL of the web page.
- After logging into the Rain system, click the Laptop icon in the upper left in the blue Admin Toolbar and go to the page where you want to create the link.
- If you are creating a new module for the link: Click on the Add Body Content link in the upper left corner of the page and click the Add button for the Content module at the top of the list.
If you are adding the link to an existing module: Click the Edit button (the fat little pencil) in the gray toolbar of an existing module where you want to create the link.
- If you are adding a link to an image: click on it to highlight it.
If you are making a text link: type out your text and then highlight it with your mouse. (Example: Click here to see our best deals in our Huge Sale!)
- Click on the Insert/Edit Link button (in the functions above the Content editing box, in the top row of buttons: this button looks like chain links).
- Paste the link you copied into the URL field.
- If your link is to a web page that is not on your website, or if it links to a file, click the Target drop list and click New Window. When the link opens, it won't take your visitor permanently away from your site.
- In the Link Properties window click OK.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Save button.
- Test your new link to verify that it works correctly.
There are several kinds of specific linking that might have slightly different steps than this general process. For more details on different types of links, click here.