You can get to this part of the system by clicking on Products in the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking on Orders.
Working With Your Orders
Once you have gone to Products > Orders, you will see the current month's view of the web orders that have come through for you. Your initial view will show orders for which the payment has been processed.
Here are the functions in the Orders module interface:
- Load Transaction - If you have copied a Transaction ID, you can paste it in here and click Open and it will directly open the order.
- Date Range - You can enter a Start Date and an End Date, then click Submit to view whatever Date Range of web orders with which you wish to work.
- Transaction Type - This drop-list will allow you to filter search results for Web, Register, Subscription, or All transactions.
- Payment Status - You can view your Orders in the following Statuses:
- Abandoned Carts - This will display information for shoppers who started the checkout process but left the page without completing their orders for whatever reason.
- Payment Pending - If you have your shopping cart set to the Authorization method of checkout, the card will be pre-authorized for the amount of the order, but the charge won't go through until you click to Capture the funds. Such orders will come to you initially in this Payment Pending status.
- Payment Received - This is the default status that loads whenever you first open the Orders module. It will display all orders for which payment has successfully gone through during whatever date range you are viewing.
- In Process - This is fulfillment status you can manually set for an Order. It is meant to denote any orders you are actively working on fulfilling.
- Shipped - Once you have actually sent the package for the order, setting this fulfillment status will let you know that it is completely done. You are able to manually set this status, as well.
- Shipped to Store - If the inventory had to be moved to a different store location, you can set this status for your orders and view them with this filter.
- Ready for Pickup - You can set this status for orders that are fully assembled and ready to be picket up at the store location, and use this filter to find them within your selected date range.
- Voided - A Voided order is one that is completely cancelled. If your processing solution is integrated, you will be able to Void orders, and that will completely reverse the charges and replace the inventory. For orders with processing that is not directly integrated, you can still set them as Voided in our system, but you'll need to log into your account with the processor (e.g. PayPal) to void the order there.
- Refunded / Returned - A Refunded order is one in which one or more items from the original order have been returned or part of the charges, e.g. shipping, were refunded for whatever reason. To see more about how to process Returns, click here. Scroll down to the section on Register Returns and look at the third bullet-point option for accessing transactions through Reports.
- Canceled - You are able to Cancel orders from the order view, and using this filter you can view all transactions that have been canceled in your selected date range.
- Show Orders Button - You will need to click this button any time you change a Status or Date or any time you put in a search term. This button refreshes the view with the new parameters.
- Search - You can search by Customer Name, Phone, or Transaction ID number. Please note that you can enter your search terms and hit the Enter button on your keyboard to refresh the results, or you can click the Submit button, if you like.
- Download Spreadsheet - Clicking this button will download a .CSV file of whatever orders you are currently viewing in the Orders module. This type of file will open in any spreadsheet program.
- Bulk Actions - You can use the check-boxes next to each line-item transaction in the search results in combination with these functions to either directly Print the selected orders or to set the Status of each to In Process.
- Clear Selected - If you want to clear all selected transactions so you can work with different ones, this button clears all at once.
- Check Boxes - Use these boxes to select multiple orders to which you want to apply Bulk Actions.
- Transaction ID - You can click this link for any Order and it will take you to the Order Details view, where you can work with the order on payment details, fulfillment, shipping, and item quantities.
- Line Item Actions - You can open this action list to either View the transaction in its Order Details view, or Print directly from this screen.
Order Detail View
Once you have clicked to View an order, it will open it in the Order Details screen. Please note that in the examples below, for privacy reasons, the critical details have either been replaced with false data or redacted. Here are the various functions in this area:
- Transaction - This area shows the internal Transaction ID our system created for the order, which is one of the ways you can search for specific orders. It will also detail how the order came through, who the processor was, and whatever identifying code the processor assigned to the order.
- Payment Details - This area will vary slightly by processor, see examples below, but in all cases you'll have the ability to Capture funds on authorized orders and Void integrated processing orders (such as the NMI order example below), or mark PayPal orders as Voided.
- Fulfillment - This area is where you can track and update the Status of an order. As soon as you open a new order and click the Update button for Fulfillment, you'll have the option to mark the Order as In-Process. Please note that this won't change the payment status (from Pending or Payment Received, etc.). As you progress through fulfilling the order, you can move the order from In-Process to Shipped as soon as you have sent the package. You also have the ability in this panel to Re-send the Email Receipt to the customer, if needed.
- Shipping - You'll get a summary of the shipping details for the order in this area. Clicking the Update button will allow you to update your Shipping Method, or just set a specific shipping Amount. You can also set up manual Tracking for the order once it's in a Payment Received or later status.
- Hide / Show Images, Print, and Notes - You have the option of clicking to Hide Images if you are planning on printing out the order as a packing slip so your printer doesn't waste ink or toner. You can also Print the order info from here. Note that for Gift Orders, you are also able to either Show Prices or Hide Prices (default) so that the printout and any emails the system sends will be gift-friendly. The Customer will set whether it is a standard order or a gift when placing the order. You can also see any Notes that have been added to the transaction, and you can add new Notes if needed.
- Edit Shipping Address and Contact Info - You are able to Edit the Shipping Address and Contact Info on the order, in case of a typo. Just click on the corresponding blue pencil icon. This remains true even after the order is completed.
- Edit Quantity - You can click the blue pencil icon to Edit Quantity on any line item, but the system will not allow you to increase the dollar amount of the order past the Authorized amount.