You can get to this part of the system by clicking on Website in the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking Files.
Files in your system include every image you've ever uploaded to the server (these will all be under the Images folder in the Files section) and every kind of document file you've uploaded, such as PDF files and perhaps Word files. The system can link to files so that your visitors can download them, as we do with PDF files, or in the case of images, it can display them on your pages wherever you need them and at whatever size you need them. The Files part of the system allows you to upload and manage your files, and you can upload documents and general files up to 100mb in size. Images will upload if they are less than 3000 pixels and less than 4mb in size.
Working With Files
Here are the features of our File Browser:
- Upload File - Click this to launch our File Uploader (see below) to load up to 500 files at once.
- New Folder - Creates a new folder under the current one. You will be prompted to enter the title of the new folder and then you can save it and begin loading loading files.
- Select - Clicking on the image or file name will load the image if you are working in a content module and loading the file onto one of your pages or if you are linking to it (all applications use this same interface). Under Website > Files > Images, clicking on an image won't do anything, but clicking on its file name below will let you edit the name, if you need to.
- File URL - For creating or sharing links to a file or image, you can highlight and copy the full URL.
- Delete - If you move your mouse over any image, you will see the Delete button appear. As with all deletions, a warning will pop up to make sure you really want to delete the item. When working with Documents, the delete button is an X on the far right side of the document's title bar.
- Sort - By default, the file browser will show the latest files uploaded first. This is convenient, because whenever you upload new files, they will always be at the top of the list. You can click to have it sort alphabetically instead, if you prefer.