Your main shopping page on your website is something you should take some time to do right. There are several key elements you need to have in place before you start selling.
Setting Up Your Shopping Page
You can create your shopping page by clicking on Website in the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking Pages.
Here are some elements you should have on your main shopping page:
- Products Module - See steps below for how to put it on the page and customize the heading.
- Processor / Credit Card Logos - See resources below for your processor.
- Free Shipping Offer / Special Discount Offer - Ideally, at some level, you offer free domestic shipping, usually for orders over a certain amount. It is difficult to be competitive online without an offer like this, but if you don't want to offer free shipping, at least put up some kind of special offer. More info on the how-to below.
- Gift Cards - If you sell Gift Cards, putting the module on your shopping page is a good idea, anyone looking for them might look there first. Click here to learn more about working with your Gift Cards.
1) Place the Products Module on the Page
- In the upper left corner of the page, hover over the triangle with the + and click Add Body Content.
- Scroll down the list of modules to the Products module and click Add.
- If you want to customize the heading of Products, in the small gray Module Toolbar, click the second button (the gear-shaped one) to open your module Settings.
- Customize or remove the heading (if you'll be manually creating one), as you like, then click Save.
2) Processor / Credit Card Logos
Here are logos for processors that work with the Rain system and for major credit cards. The Rain system supports all major U.S. credit card types. Place the appropriate logos / graphics on your shopping page near the top (as pictured above). For more detail on how to add images to a page, click here. Right-click to save any of the images below you might need:
3) Free Shipping Offer / Special Discount Offer
Add a statement like the one shown in the example shopping page above, ideally about Free Shipping. To learn how to set up free shipping, click here. If you're doing a special discount offer, that is a good alternative to free shipping, you can click here to learn more about creating Coupon codes.
4) Link to Policies and Privacy Statement
As stated above, you are required by law to have a prominently posted privacy statement. It is also highly recommended to write out your policies on shipping charges, returns/exchanges/refunds, and damaged goods. Click here for sample text you can use for these statements and also for more information about the legal requirements.