Steps for Starting a Special Order in the Register
- Go to the Register, you can click the Register icon in the upper left of the blue Admin Toolbar.
- Search for the Customer.
- Click any of the icons in the upper right, the Customer Actions panel will open. NOTE: If the customer has an active special order, the ticket icon will be highlighted in gold.
- Scroll down to Special Orders in the left column.
- Click the + button.
- The Special Orders panel will open. Click the Vendor button and select the Vendor you'll be ordering from.
- Search for the item you are special ordering. NOTE: you can only do one item per special order, but you can order any quantity of that item.
- Enter a Deposit amount, even if the amount is $0, you need to enter it in the Deposit field.
- Click the Add to Register button, your special order deposit will load as a line item even if it is $0 so that you can complete the order and print out the receipt.
- Complete your transaction in the normal way.
Steps for Attaching a Special Order to a Purchase Order
- Go to POS > Special Orders, and make sure the special order you want it listed in Draft status, if it is not, you will not be able to attach it to the purchase order.
- Go to Inventory > New Purchase Order.
- Select the Vendor you are ordering from.
- You will be prompted to add open drafts to the purchase order, click on the draft to add it.
- Finish adding other items needed from the vendor in the normal way, and mark the order as Sent.
- When you receive the purchase order, after you complete receiving the special order item, you will be prompted to print a ticket with information about the customer so you can contact them about their order being in.
- Whenever the customer comes in, you can now complete the Special Order.