If you need to operate a remote station, such as a cutting table or an order-assembly area, where you will start orders for customers that they will complete up at your Register station, here are some key things about which you need to be aware:
- You don't need a full computer for a remote station; any mobile device that can run Chrome or Firefox will be sufficient. Notebook computers, Chromebooks, Tablets, or even Smartphones are sufficient for remote station operation as long as the device can connect to the internet.
- It is easier to enter items into the Register if you have a bluetooth scanner, but it is not required, you can always search for the products with the on-screen keyboard.
- You don't need a printer: The Rain system will save the items and you will easily be able to bring up the order in the main Register station when the customer completes checkout.
Completing a Remote Station Order
You will basically just do the following:
- Log into the system on the device.
- Sign into the Till you want to use.
- Load the Customer.
- Enter the items for the start of their order.
- You have two choices on how to save the in-progress order:
- Suspend the Transaction - This is the easiest method; you just click the Pause button in the lower right of the Register and the transaction is saved. If the customer will be adding more items over time before finishing checkout, it may be best to use the second method below, since it makes a permanent save of the transaction so there's no way to lose it. With the suspend method, you must remember to pause the transaction again if you open it up to add more items, and if the station is busy, that can be an easy mistake to make.
- Save the Transaction as a Quote - In the upper right of the Register, click on any of the Customer Action buttons and at the top of the left column of functions, click the + to save the transaction as a Quote. Quotes can be reopened and have more items added and you just click the small Save button at the top of the Quote to update the changes.
- If you suspended the transaction, you may need to refresh your main Register station browser when the customer goes to complete checkout. Do this by clicking the Refresh button at the top of the browser (in most browsers it looks like an arrow going in a circle and is near the Back button). When you click the Play button to resume, the customer's transaction will be in the list. You can then add any final items and complete checkout.
If you saved a Quote, when the customer goes to complete the transaction, load their name in the Customer search, then click the Customer Actions to open the Quote. You can then add any final items and complete checkout.